STEEN, TRALMAKS POST TWO-POINT NIGHTS AS P-BRUINS COMPLETE COMEBACK AGAINST BEARSMar 11, 2023
Providence, RI - Oskar Steen and Eduards Tralmaks both posted a goal and an assist as the Providence Bruins tallied three straight to defeat the Hershey Bears 3-2 on Saturday night at the Amica Mutual Pavilion. Connor Carrick also found the back of the net for the P-Bruins. Goaltender Brandon Bussi stopped 21 shots in the victory.
How It Happened
- Beck Malenstyn deflected a shot from the left point by Lucas Johansen, giving Hershey a 1-0 lead with 10:41 left in the first period.
- Ethen Frank’s one-timer from the right circle off a feed from the near corner beat the goaltender on the glove side, extending the Hershey lead to 2-0 with 9:18 remaining in the first frame.
- 49 seconds into the second period, Tralmaks crashed the net, found the rebound of Samuel Asselin’s shot from the slot, and tucked it in to shrink the Bears lead to 2-1. Steen received the secondary assist.
- From behind the cage, Justin Brazeau fed Fabian Lysell at the left post, who slid it across to Carrick at the right post for a tap-in goal to tie the game at 2-2 with 8:55 left in the third period.
- Tralmaks carried the puck across the blue line and dropped it to Steen, who fired a wrist shot from the left circle that beat the goaltender on the short side, giving the P-Bruins a 3-2 lead with 5:04 to play in the third frame. Joona Koppanen was credited with a secondary assist.
- Bussi stopped 21 of 23 shots faced. Providence totaled 27 shots.
- Steen’s goal was his third in two games and fourth game-winning tally of the season.
- Tralmak’s posted his first multi-point game of the season.
- The P-Bruins power play went 0-for-3, and the penalty kill was 2-for-2.
The P-Bruins host the Hershey Bears on Saturday, March 12 at the Amica Mutual Pavilion. Puck drop is set for 3:05 p.m. ET.