P-BRUINS TOPPED BY ISLANDERSNov 19, 2023
Bridgeport, CT - Forward John Farinacci scored the lone goal for the Providence Bruins as they were topped by the Bridgeport Islanders 3-1 on Sunday evening at Total Mortgage Arena. After winning three straight games last weekend, the P-Bruins have now dropped three-straight this weekend.
How It Happened
- Brian Pinho caught a feed from Ruslan Iskhakov in the slot and snapped a shot that snuck between the goaltender’s legs for a power play goal, giving the Islanders a 1-0 lead with 8:28 remaining in the first period.
- Eetu Liukas’ one-timer from the right circle zipped along the ice and trickled through the goaltender’s legs, extending the Bridgeport lead to 2-0 with 12:26 left in the third period.
- While on a breakaway, Karson Kuhlman deked to the backhand and flipped the puck into the back of the net, giving the Islanders a 3-0 lead with 8:07 to play in the third period.
- Farinacci controlled the puck in the right corner, peeled back to the circle, and snapped a shot that ricocheted off the goaltender, off a defender, and into the back of the net, cutting the Bridgeport lead to 3-1 with 7:24 remaining in the third period. Justin Brazeau and Anthony Richard were credited with the assists.
- Brazeau has points in three straight games.
- Goaltender Brandon Bussi stopped 26 of the 29 shots he faced. The P-Bruins totaled 30 shots.
- The Providence power play went 0-for-2, and the penalty kill was 1-for-2.
The Providence Bruins travel to Hartford to take on the Wolf Pack on Wednesday, November 22 at the XL Center. Puck drop is set for 7:00 P.M.