P-BRUINS SEASON ENDS WITH GAME FOUR LOSS TO WOLF PACKMay 5, 2023
Hartford, CT - The Providence Bruins season came to a close with a 4-0 loss to the Hartford Wolf Pack in Game Four of the Atlantic Division Semifinals on Friday night at the XL Center.
How It Happened
- From the right corner, Ryan Carpenter sent a pass to Turner Elson above the blue paint, who jabbed at the puck twice before it trickled through the goaltender’s pads and across the goal line, giving Hartford a 1-0 lead 3:40 into the game.
- Jake Leschyshyn crashed the net for a rebound and sent a shot that ramped up off the defenders stick and into the air, coming down across the goal line, extending the Wolf Pack lead to 2-0 with 15:11 remaining in the second period.
- A rebound off of Jonny Brodzinski’s shot from the left circle kicked out to Carpenter in the right circle, who put it into the back of the net, giving Hartford a 3-0 lead with 4:37 left in the second period.
- With 7:42 remaining in the third period, Leschyshyn scored an empty-net goal, extending the Wolf Pack lead to 4-0.
- Brandon Bussi stopped 28 of 31 shots faced. The P-Bruins totaled 32 shots.
- The Providence power play went 0-for-5, and the penalty kill was 3-for-3.