P-BRUINS FALL TO ISLANDERS 3-2 IN OVERTIMENov 20, 2022
Providence, RI - Vinni Lettieri continued his hot streak scoring another goal, but it wasn’t enough as the Providence Bruins fell to the Bridgeport Islanders 3-2 in overtime on Sunday evening at the Amica Mutual Pavilion. Connor Carrick posted two assists in the contest, while Chris Wagner also potted a goal.
How It Happened
- While on the power play, Lettieri ripped a one-timer from the top of the left circle off the crossbar and into the net with 10:43 left in the first period to give the P-Bruins a 1-0 lead.
- On the ensuing face-off, William Dufour took the puck right up the middle of the ice and scored blocker side on the breakaway to tie the game at 1-1 just 13 seconds later.
- Wagner cut to the net and deflected a Carrick shot for a goal with 9:42 left in the first period to give the P-Bruins a 2-1 lead.
- Erik Brown tied the game at 2-2 with 12:09 remaining in the third period, finding the puck in a scrum in front of the crease and burying it.
- Lettieri’s goal extended his point streak to six games.
- Marc McLaughlin’s assist on the Wagner goal extended his point streak to two games.
- Keith Kinkaid stopped 36 of the 39 shots he faced. Providence totaled 45 shots in the contest.
- The P-Bruins power play went 1-for-6, and the penalty kill was 5-for-5.
The P-Bruins travel to Rochester, N.Y. to take on the Americans on Wednesday, November 23 at Blue Cross Arena. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. ET.