DIPIETRO SHINES IN P-BRUINS WIN OVER ISLANDERSNov 25, 2023
Bridgeport, CT - Goaltender Michael DiPietro stopped 35 of the 36 shots he faced, helping the Providence Bruins to a 2-1 victory over the Bridgeport Islanders on Saturday night at Total Mortgage Arena. Forward Fabian Lysell notched his second game-winning goal on the power play in as many games. John Farinacci also found the back of the net.
How It Happened
- Dan Renouf skated the puck into the left circle and zipped a pass to the far post for Farinacci, who redirected it into the back of the net, giving the P-Bruins a 1-0 lead with 13:06 remaining in the first period. Marc McLaughlinreceived a secondary assist.
- Karson Kuhlman carried the puck across the blue line and into the right circle before snapping a shot inside the near post for a power play goal, tying the game at 1-1 with 6:42 left in the first frame.
- While in the first half of a double-minor power play, Georgii Merkulov found Lysell in the left circle who patiently waited for a lane to the net and fired a snap shot past the glove of the goaltender, giving Providence a 2-1 lead with 9:42 to play in the third period.
- Merkulov has the primary assist on Lysell’s two straight power play game-winning goals.
- DiPietro stopped 35 of the 36 shots he faced. The P-Bruins totaled 32 shots.
- The Providence power play went 1-for-5, and the penalty kill was 2-for-3.
The Providence Bruins host the Bridgeport Islanders on Friday, December 1 at the Amica Mutual Pavilion. Puck drop is set for 7:05 P.M.