Providence, RI -- The Providence Bruins fell to the Springfield Falcons 4-1 this afternoon at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. The P-Bruins outshot the Falcons 47-24 and Jamie Tardif got his 16th goal of the season.

The teams wasted no time making an impact on the game. Just 30 seconds in, Bobby Robins took a boarding penalty testing the P-Bruins penalty kill. The Falcons took advantage of their extra skater and got on the board at 1:24. A lapse in the P-Bruins defense allowed Springfield to get the puck and pass it to Jonathan Audy-Marchessault who set up right in front of the net and got the puck past Hutchinson to make it 1-0. Providence would not get their own chance on the power play until 15:34 when Will Weber was sent off for holding. The P-Bruins had a couple good chances but could not hit the back of the net with the man advantage. Time ticked down on the period without another goal or penalty and both teams went to their dressing rooms with shots even at nine a piece and the score 1-0 in favor of Springfield.

Providence dominated the middle frame in all areas of the ice holding Springfield without a shot until 13 seconds shy of the 10 minute mark and success in the faceoff circle. Jamie Tardif had the first great shot of the period early in the period when Ryan Spooner fed the puck across the crease but Tardif was seconds late to bury it. Tardif redeemed himself moments later on Providence's first power play chance of the period. Spooner fed Tardif another pass and this time the pass connected and Tardif beat Curtis McElhinney five-hole to even the score 1-1. Hutchinson was flawless in the second period saving all four shots he faced from the Falcons. While the Falcons only had four shots, the P-Bruins shot 21 pucks at McElhinney bringing the shot total after two periods to 30-13.

Both teams came into the third looking to get the go ahead goal first. Providence faced a bit of a challenge when they were called for too many men on the ice just 1:31 into the period and less than two minutes later Kevan Miller was called for a high stick giving the Falcons a 5-on-3 for 16 seconds. Upon killing both penalties, Miller left the box and took possession of the puck. Miller was hooked on his breakaway by Michael Chaput and awarded a penalty shot which hit the crossbar and bounced out. Luck ran out there because midway through the period Providence turned the puck over and allowed Springfield to rush into the zone and beat Hutchinson. The Falcons added to their lead just over a minute later when Audy-Marchessault got his second of the game to make it 3-1 and again in the last minute of the play when Ryan Craig hit an empty net. Providence kept playing with effort despite having to play from behind for most of the last period which was proven by the shots as they put up another 18 shots to bring the total to 47.