Providence, RI -- The Providence Bruins fell to the Worcester Sharks by a score of 3-2 this evening at The Dunkin' Donuts Center . Bracken Kearns tallied his second and third goals of the season while Carter Camper and Maxime Sauvé tallied the P-Bruins' goals.

After falling to the Connecticut Whale last Saturday at the XL Center in Hartford, CT, the P-Bruins returned to a packed house in Providence with the intent of getting back in the win-column. This was evident from the moment the puck dropped as the Bruins fed off the momentum of the crowd and came out flying in hopes of capturing the elusive opening goal. Much to the dismay of Head Coach Bruce Cassidy, the P-Bruins failed to convert on an early Danny Groulx interference-minor. Moments later, Tim Kennedy deflected a Nick Petrecki blast from the point to give Worcester a 1-0, good for his fourth goal of the season.

It was no surprise that the P-Bruins were eager to regain the momentum; their moment came as they headed to a 5-on-3 man advantage after Petrecki (high-sticking) and Groulx (cross-checking) each received two-minute minors. Camper sent The Dunk' faithful into a frenzy on his first goal of the season after a beautiful cross ice-feed from Jamie Tardif with 6:15 remaining in the first.

An unfortunate mistake proved to be fatal to the P-Bruins prospects as Kearns tallied a dreaded late-period goal with less than two-minutes remaining after a Justin Florek tripping minor. Worcester would go on to take their 2-1 lead into the first intermission.

The dropping of the puck on the second period was not much kinder to the P-Bruins as Sharks goaltender Alex Stalock thwarted nine Bruin goal-scoring opportunities and the penalties continued to pile. All love was lost between the Sharks and Bruins in their first of twelve regular-season matchups. A physically-demanding period was highlighted by a heavyweight bout between Brandon Mashinter and Christian Hanson.

Even though the fight revved up the crowd, the P-Bruins faltered in their attempts to tie the game and found themselves entering the second intermission trailing 3-1 after the Sharks connected on their second power-play goal of the game, with credit going to Kearns yet again.

With the onset of the third period came a rabid onslaught of P-Bruins opportunities. The P-Bruins maintained possession throughout and were finally rewarded as Sauvé cut the Sharks lead to one on his fourth goal of the season with five minutes remaining in the game. Chris Bourque and Torey Krug were credited with assists on the power-play converter. The final horn, however, would sound with Stalock standing tall, thus allowing his teammates to escape The Ocean State with a narrow 3-2 victory.

Michael Hutchinson was credited with 18 saves in the defeat. Stalock earned his third win of the season, stopping 32 of 34 P-Bruin chances. Providence finished 2-for-3 on the power-play and 4-for-6 on the penalty-kill.

P-Bruins action continues at The Dunk on Sunday, November 2nd for a 3:05 p.m. matchup with the Saint John's Ice Caps on "Kids Opening Day". The first 1,000 fans 12 and under in attendance will receive a thunderstick courtesy of Cox Communications, B101 and Coast 93.3. The P-Bruins' complete season schedule can be found on www.providencebruins.com.