P-BRUINS ANNOUNCE TRAINING CAMP ROSTER & SCHEDULE
34 Players to Report to Camp on September 28
- The Providence Bruins
, entering their 21st season in the American Hockey League
, have announced their training camp schedule and roster for the 2012-13 season. The roster is comprised of 34 players, including 19 forwards, 12 defensemen and three goaltenders. Camp is set to begin on Friday, September 28
and will run through Saturday, October 6
, with sessions to be held at the Rhode Island Sports Center.
The group of 19 forwards includes Chris Bourque, Carter Camper, Jordan Caron, Justin Courtnall, Craig Cunningham, Justin Florek, Christian Hanson, Alden Hirschfeld, Jared Knight, Lane MacDermid, Kyle MacKinnon, Matthew Pistilli, Tyler Randell, Bobby Robins, Max Sauvé, Ryan Spooner, Jamie Tardif, Trent Whitfield
and Kelsey Wilson
. Pistilli and Wilson are in Providence on tryout agreements.
The defensive unit is made up of Matt Bartkowski, Art Bidlevskii, Ryan Button, Colby Cohen, Tommy Cross, Garnet Exelby, Damon Kipp, Torey Krug, Ryan Lowery, Kevan Miller, Zach Trotman
and David Warsofsky
. Bidlevskii, Kipp and Lowery are at camp on tryouts.
Between the pipes are Michael Hutchinson, Adam Morrison
and Niklas Svedberg
Please note that training camp practices held at the Rhode Island Sports Center are open to the public.
The full training camp schedule, including Providence's three preseason games, is as follows:
• Friday, September 28 - Rhode Island Sports Center 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
• Saturday, September 29 - Rhode Island Sports Center 10:35 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
• Sunday, September 30 - Rhode Island Sports Center 9:55 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
• Monday, October 1 - Rhode Island Sports Center 9:30 a.m. - Noon
• Tuesday, October 2 - Rhode Island Sports Center 9:30 a.m. - Noon
• Wednesday, October 3 - Rhode Island Sports Center 9:30 a.m. - Noon
vs. Springfield @ New England Sports Center, Marlborough, MA 7:05 p.m.
• Thursday, October 4 - Rhode Island Sports Center 9:30 a.m. - Noon
vs. Bridgeport @ New England Sports Center, Marlborough, MA 7:05 p.m.
• Friday, October 5 - Rhode Island Sports Center 9:30 - Noon
• Saturday, October 6 - Rhode Island Sports Center 10:35 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
vs. Springfield @ MassMutual Center, Springfield, MA 7:00 p.m.
Providence serves as the host team in two of its three preseason games as the club takes on the Springfield Falcons and Bridgeport Sound Tigers at the New England Sports Center on October 3 and October 4 at 7:05 p.m. in Marlborough, Massachusetts. For information on tickets, please call the New England Sports Center at (508) 229-2700.
The P-Bruins' Opening Night is on Friday, October 12 at the Dunkin' Donuts Center with a 7:05 p.m. matchup with the Manchester Monarchs. The P-Bruins' complete season schedule can be found on www.providencebruins.com.