Camper Scores Twice

Hartford, CT
- The Providence Bruins defeated the Connecticut Whale 3-2 in overtime Sunday afternoon at the XL Center. Carter Camper scored twice for the P-Bruins, including the game winner in overtime. Kyle MacKinnon also added a goal.

After a scoreless, but very physical first period, Camper got the P-Bruins on the board at 14:36 of the second frame. The goal, Camper's 16th of the season, marked the fifth time he has scored on the Whale this season. Max Sauvé and rookie defenseman Zach Trotman assisted on the goal. The P-Bruins kept the Whale off the board for the remainder of the frame and went into the second intermission leading 1-0.

The Whale's captain Wade Redden responded just 37 seconds into the third period to even the score at one. The goal, assisted by Kris Newbury and Jonathan Audy-Marchessault, was Redden's fourth of the season. Halfway through the frame MacKinnon snuck one past Cam Talbot on a rebound in front. Calle Ridderwall and Kirk MacDonald assisted on the go-ahead goal. The lead didn't last long as the Whale responded off a goal from Newbury at 11:12. Neither team could find the back of the net and the game was sent to overtime.

Both teams challenged each other throughout the overtime, but neither could capitalize. When it looked like the game was headed to a shootout, Camper scored the overtime winner with just three seconds remaining in the extra frame. The overtime goal and his second of the game was assisted by Kevan Miller and Andrew Bodnarchuk. With the win, the P-Bruins got two points on the weekend.

Michael Hutchinson
earned the win, blocking 33 of 35 shots, while Talbot came up short with 28 saves.

The P-Bruins are back at The Dunk on Friday, April 6 versus the Worcester Sharks. The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. for Walgreens Playing Cards Night, which are free to the first 3,000 fans. To purchase our special ticket offers or for more information, call the Providence Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com.