Collection of Personal Information
• Upon receipt of any offers from the Providence Bruins through their e-mail database, users will have the opportunity to indicate whether they would like to "opt out" of receiving additional promotional and/or marketing information about other products, services and offerings from the Providence Bruins. However, notwithstanding any opt out of promotional information by the user, the Providence Bruins reserve the right to contact a subscriber regarding account status, changes to the subscriber agreement and other matters relevant to the underlying service and/or the information collected.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
• Personally identifiable information is collected on this Site through our Enter-To-Win form, e-mail list sign up, ticket order forms and shop order forms.
• We may use your personal information such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address to send marketing communications to you. We may use other personal information you provide to send you particular communications that we believe will be of interest to you.
• We may also use your personal information such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address to send you offers from our marketing partners and other business partners.
• If you have opted not to receive communications from us, we may share that information with third parties who send communications relating to our products or services to ensure that you do not receive those communications.
• Personal information may be used or disclosed among the Providence Bruins for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes.
• Personal information may be used by the Providence Bruins and disclosed to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of the Providence Bruins or our activities or assets, including for the purpose of permitting such parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with such transaction and to fulfill reporting, inspection or audit requirements or obligations to such parties. In the event that the Providence Bruins or our activities or assets is sold, assigned or otherwise disposed of, personal information we have collected will be used and disclosed by such parties for substantially the same purposes as described in this statement.
• We also use personal information for: maintaining records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our activities; meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements; and otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
• The Providence Bruins may otherwise disclose personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit and security requirements, with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
Cookies, websites and emails
• Web servers operated by us and by third party service providers and advertisers may automatically collect non-personal information about which pages you visit, as well as your IP address or domain name. We may use this information for various purposes, such as tailoring our web site content, targeting promotional messages, and assessing the amount of traffic to various parts of our web site. We may also provide this information on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our marketing partners and/or advertisers. The servers used to operate this Site are located in the United States of America.
• Certain links on the Site will automatically open a new email message from your default email application. Be sure to take note of the addressee of the message by looking at the "To:" field of your new message. As with all email, use caution with regard to what information you are sending and to whom you are sending it. Once sent, the recipient will know your email address and any other information provided in the body of the message or as an attachment. We may use any of this information to respond to your message and/or to communicate with you in the future.
• Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be given in various ways. Consent can be expressed (for example, orally, electronically or on a form you may sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of personal information) or implied (for example, when you provide information necessary for a service you have requested, or in some circumstances where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose, such as by using an "opt out" option provided, if any). Consent may be given by your authorized representative (such as a legal guardian or a person having a power of attorney). When you voluntarily provide us with your personal information, we assume you consent to its collection, use and disclosure in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as described at the time of collection, subject to any uses and disclosures you have opted not to participate in. In some circumstances, we may expressly request your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information or provide you with an opportunity to opt out of certain uses or disclosures of your personal information. In some limited circumstances where permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent, for example, to collect a debt that you owe to us, to comply with a court order or to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services.
Social Media Policy
• When you post or upload any content to any Providence Bruins or Providence Sports + Entertainment social media page, including but not limited to the use of the tags @ahlbruins, #PBruins, #PBruinsPride, #ProvidenceBruins or #LetsGoBruins, you agree that the Providence Bruins and Providence Sports + Entertainment can use that content -- including any names, voices, images and performances that content contains -- for any purpose. By posting or uploading the content on a Providence Bruins or Providence Sports + Entertainment page, including using the aforementioned tag and hashtags, you grant the Providence Bruins and Providence Sports + Entertainment a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable worldwide license in any and all media to use, modify and create derivative works based upon that content for any purpose, including advertising and promotion, without notice, attribution or payment. You also grant parties owned or affiliated with the Providence Bruins and Providence Sports + Entertainment, including but not limited to the Dunkin' Donuts Center and the Boston Bruins, the same rights. You certify that you are at least 13 years old, the original author or creator of your content, and that you have the right to post it. You also certify that you have permission from anyone depicted in a photograph you post to agree to these terms, and that the Providence Bruins and Providence Sports + Entertainment's use of your content in accordance with this license will not violate or infringe upon anyone else's rights.
• We have adopted reasonable security measures, appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss or destruction of personal information. These measures may include technological, physical and organizational methods of security.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Children's Privacy Statement (users under 13 years old)
At providencebruins.com, we take our responsibilities to our younger visitors seriously. It is the intention of the operator of this website, and the Providence Bruins to fully comply with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and the Guidelines promulgated by the Children's Advertising Review Unit of the Better Business Bureau.
• In general, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 ("children") via the website.
• Children can surf our Site, view content and learn about hockey without any personal information being collected. The Providence Bruins do not knowingly collect any children's personal information through providencebruins.com. Children are not permitted to provide us with personally identifiable information on any portion of the site.
• In the event that a child does get permission from their parents or legal guardian to sign up for the e-mail list, we may share a child's personal information with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to: protect the security or integrity of our Site; take precautions against liability; respond to judicial process; or, to the extent permitted by law, provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
• At any time, parents can refuse to permit us to retain further personal information from their child and can request that any personal information we have collected be deleted from our records. To access, change, or delete the personally identifiable information that we have collected from their child, a parent can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include the child's name and the child's/parent's email addresses in the email so that we can better assist you with your inquiry or request.
Note to children under 18
Note to parents
Parents or guardians are encouraged to spend time online with their children to become familiar with the types of content available on the Site and the Internet in general. Parents should regularly oversee their children's use of email and other online communications and transactional features. Control tools are available from online services and software manufacturers that can help provide a safe online environment for your children. You can find out about software that protects your children at the Direct Marketing Association's home page at: http://www.the-dma.org. If your child has used your credit card on the Site without your permission, contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child has provided us with personally identifiable information without your permission, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com if you would like this information deleted from our records. Please include the child's name and the child's/parent's email addresses in your email so that we can better assist you with your inquiry or request.